Are you looking for a quick and easy way to improve the appearance of your teeth? Veneers may just be the answer you are looking for! Dental veneers are thin, custom-made casings that cover the front surfaces of teeth to improve their appearance.
They are a popular cosmetic dentistry solution that can help give you a beautiful, natural-looking smile in a fraction of the time of other treatments. In this blog post, we’ll be taking a closer look at veneers and why they’re an excellent choice for those seeking a whiter, brighter smile.
Types of Veneers
When it comes to veneers, there are two main types: porcelain and composite resin.
Porcelain veneers are made from a durable material custom-fitted to your teeth. They are highly resistant to staining and mimic the natural translucency of teeth. Porcelain veneers require multiple visits to the dentist and may take a few weeks to complete.
Composite resin veneers, on the other hand, can be completed in just one visit. This type of veneer is made from a tooth-colored material applied directly to the teeth and shaped to create the desired look. While composite veneers are less expensive than porcelain, they may not last as long and are more prone to staining.
The Process Of Getting Veneers
If you’re considering veneers, you’re probably curious about the process. It’s a relatively simple procedure that usually only requires two appointments.
Your dentist will evaluate your teeth during your initial session to determine whether veneers are right for you. After discussing the color, form, and size of your veneers with you, they will typically take impressions of your teeth. Your dentist might need to remove a little piece of enamel from your teeth, depending on the type of veneer you select, to ensure the veneer fits correctly.
Your personalized veneers will often be created in a dental laboratory using the impressions taken.
You’ll return for your second appointment once your veneers are ready. Your dentist will use a special adhesive to adhere the veneers to your teeth gently. The adhesive will then be hardened using a curing light to keep the veneers in place.
Your dentist could make a few last-minute modifications to achieve a precise fit after the veneers are in place.
Benefits of Veneers
- Improved Appearance: Veneers are custom-made shells placed on the teeth’ surface. They can cover a range of dental flaws, such as discolouration, cracks, chips, gaps, and misalignment. As a result, they create a more symmetrical, whiter, and brighter smile.
- Minimal Tooth Reduction: Veneers are usually very thin (about 0.5mm), and only a small amount of tooth enamel is removed before the procedure. It makes it a conservative cosmetic treatment that preserves the most natural tooth structure.
- Durable: Veneers are made of durable materials such as porcelain or resin and can last 10 to 15 years with proper care. They are also stain-resistant and do not require special maintenance.
- Immediate Results: Unlike other cosmetic treatments requiring multiple visits or several months to see results, veneers can transform your smile in just one or two visits to the dentist.
- Boost in Self-Confidence: A more attractive smile can make you feel better about yourself and improve your social and professional interactions. With veneers, you can confidently show off your smile without feeling self-conscious about your teeth.
Care and maintenance for Veneers
You must maintain your veneers to preserve their durability and oral health now that you have them.
1. Oral hygiene
Like natural teeth, your veneers must be properly cared for. Brush and floss twice daily to eliminate plaque accumulation and food particles. Keeping your veneers in excellent condition also requires routine dental cleanings and exams.
2. Refrain from using excessive force
Despite the strength of veneers, excessive force can still cause them to chip or shatter. When eating hard foods like popcorn or ice, avoid biting down on them, and if you play contact sports, wear a mouthguard.
3. Watch your diet
Certain foods and beverages can stain or damage your veneers. Avoid or limit your consumption of dark-colored foods and drinks, such as coffee, tea, red wine, and tomato sauce. If you indulge in these items, rinse your mouth with water or brush your teeth immediately afterwards.
At Cloverdale Dental Centre – your dentist in Cloverdale – we offer veneers that can help transform your smile and give you the confidence you deserve. If you’re considering veneers, it’s important to research and choose a qualified dentist who can provide you with the best results.
With the right care, your veneers can last for many years and give you a beautiful, bright smile that you can be proud of. So why wait? Contact us today to schedule your consultation and start your journey toward a stunning new smile.